Consistently ranked as one of Denver's Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for more than 18 years. We're seeking a developer to work on a number of our existing projects. Candidates MUST be able to work on site at our office in Downtown Denver.
Must be available to work in our Denver, CO Office. No remote applicants, no relocation is provided.
This position is direct hire only. No recruiters or staffing agencies please.
- Develop and maintain Java server applications.
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications.
- Test applications to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Prepare documentation for outlining logic, code, and implementation of application.
- Adhere to Spire Digital development policies, procedures, and standards in the development and implementation of applications.
- Create release processes and release documentation for internal and client use.
- Perform site releases and site updates for clients.
- Participate as a key member of the Development Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the development team.
- Creative - Work with designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture - Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations - Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales - Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis - Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization - Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication - Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective - Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understands directives and requirements for projects.
- 3+ years of experience developing Java server applications
- 2+ year of experience developing with cloud platform (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc…)
- Knowledge of test-driven software development and experience with unit testing/integration testing tools
- Knowledge cloud based application development and familiarity with current technologies (SOA, microservice architectures, REST)
- Strong understanding of Java Frameworks (Sprint, Struts, JSF, etc)
- Experience with SQL relational databases and Java ORMs and/or JOOQ
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service architectures and APIs
- Understanding of Service Layer Application methodologies and APIs
- Proficient understanding of Code Versioning and Agile Management tools (GIT, JIRA, etc)
Nice to Have
- Experience with HTML, CSS, SCSS, LESS
- Experience with multiple major cloud platforms (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc…)
Submit A Resume/Portfolio
Your message has been successfully sent and we appreciate you contacting us.
We'll be in touch soon.